Involve Your Organization Partnering
Partnering or Sponsoring of a local LEAVE A LEGACY™ program usually involves the financial sponsorship or in-kind sponsorship of an event or local materials. The sponsorship financial level(s) are decided by the local committee. LEAVE A LEGACY™ and CAGP-ACPDP™ encourages Partners to be members of the CAGP-ACPDP™. However, local LEAVE A LEGACY™ Committees may have their own policy regarding partnering.
A benefit of partnering is the use of the LEAVE A LEGACY™ logo. Partners must sign a partner license agreement with their local LEAVE A LEGACY™ program to enable them to use the logos.
The Partner License Agreement is for submission to the National Office. This agreement is to be signed and completed by the interested partner/organization and the the local LEAVE A LEGACY™ Program Chair.
To partner with a local LEAVE A LEGACY™ Committee you will have to contact the chair of the LEAVE A LEGACY™ Committee you wish to partner with. As each committee is adapted and unique to their community the process of partnering might vary. Some committees require a partnering fee or sponsorship fee and the fee varies based on the awareness activities of the local program.
To obtain a copy of the Partner License Agreement, please contact the National Coordinator.
By endorsing the LEAVE A LEGACY™ program, organizations can help raise awareness about the importance of making a gift from an estate to charity. The ultimate outcome is an increase in estate gifts that support the work of charities, the work that enriches all our lives in all of our communities.
Participation in LEAVE A LEGACY™ offers you and your organization the opportunity to:
- Connect with our nation’s growing charitable giving community
- Gain more media exposure and recognition
- Access opportunities for professional development and networking
- Improve communication with donors about planned gifts
- Increase your ability to acquire future gifts
- Collaborate with estate and financial planning professionals
- Use LEAVE A LEGACY™ brochures and other materials provided by your local program, to promote your planned giving program
- Use LEAVE A LEGACY™ logos on materials
LEAVE A LEGACY™ programs across Canada offer a variety of customized benefits including:
- Hot link to the LEAVE A LEGACY™ local website
- Listing in LEAVE A LEGACY™ local promotions
- Opportunities to appear in annual newspaper *supplements
- Receiving survey results
- Access the “participant only” areas on the web site with tools to assist allied professionals and charities in their gift planning endeavours
- Access to local Speaker Bureaus